Thursday, February 11, 2010

Angola 3 Film "In the Land of the Free..." – Director’s statement

An essay written by filmmaker Vadim Jean has just been released at www.AnitaRoddick.com, where Jean writes: "I believe Herman Wallace and Albert Woodfox are innocent. I believe their continued incarceration in solitary confinement is in violation of the 8th amendment of the United States constitution which forbids ‘cruel and unusual punishment’ in the land of the free. I hope the film may do its small part in helping to bring attention to this injustice. But most of all I made this film for Anita. Because to be a compassionate, kind, human being who will not stand by where there is injustice, to be the kind of person that Anita was, we must ‘just do something’. And this is my something."

Read the full essay here.

16 comments:

  1. daphne benton from glasgow scotland uk.
    yesterday I watched the film In the land of the free.I felt inspired by their example and wept for them and for the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN THE DOCUMENTARY AND ISNT OUTRAGED BY THIS TOTAL INJUSTICE ISNT PAYING ATTENTION. SHAME ON YOU AMERICA. MY THOUGHTS ARE WITH HERMAN WALLACE AND ALBERT WOODFOX.
    RESPECTS TO YOU AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ANGOL 3 A VOICE.
    IZZY WILDHEART
    WWW.BIGHOUSECREW.NET

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nice post overall, I loved the recipe and would love to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. United States constitution which forbids ‘cruel and unusual punishment’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing the linked. This is really just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope,It would be an wonderful story as Vedim is a director of that.Excellent work of him..hats off to you..I am really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked the posts and cool layout you have here! I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and the time it took to post!! Two Thumbs up!


    find doctor list

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched the film In the land of the free. It is a very good movie . It give some true example of real life .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the film may do its small part in helping to bring attention to this injustice. But most of all I made this film for Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the film may do its small part in helping to bring attention to this injustice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the Land of the Free is one of the best movie i have seen

    ReplyDelete
  12. it is really a good one.nice work.thanks for sharing the data,pictures and some video.keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. United States constitution which forbids ‘cruel and unusual punishment’...so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad that your blog has so much visitors. You really deserve it because what you write here is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. bean bags australia

    I appreciate what you've done. It's impressive. Not all people would make such a contribution to help.

    ReplyDelete
  16. daphne benton Cheap wow goldvia glasgow scotland uk.
    this morning My spouse and i observed the particular motion picture Inside area in the cost-free.I actually thought influenced by their
    Buy rs goldparticular instance along with wept for them and for the Ough.S.

    ReplyDelete