Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Support the Leonard Peltier Statue Project / Take Action with Amnesty USA

Take Action by joining Amnesty International USA's call for President Obama to release Leonard Peltier!


Featured below is the full post from the Leonard Peltier Statue Project:

9" epoxy resin model, Alcatraz Prison Mess Hall, February 13, 2016 - First "Indians of All Tribes Day."

9″ epoxy resin model, Alcatraz Prison Mess Hall, 
February 13, 2016 – First “Indians of All Tribes Day.”

As you might already know, Leonard Peltier has now spent four entire decades behind bars for a crime he has not committed. Even though, by most countries’ standards, he has now fulfilled both of the consecutive life-sentences to which he was wrongly sentenced, he remains behind bars.

Throughout his incarceration, many powerful national and international voices have raised their support for his case, including dozens of members of the United States Congress, Nobel Peace Prize laureates, Amnesty International, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and countless others. The injustice of his situation has been raised via national best-selling books, documentary films, paintings, posters, songs, petitions, walks, marches, protests, gatherings and prayers.

Original Alcatraz Island Occupiers - 1969/71 - gather with statue's model at Alcatraz on February 13th.

Original Alcatraz Island Occupiers – 1969/71 – 
gather with statue’s model at Alcatraz on February 13th.

Currently there are several campaigns under way, united in their goal:  to have President Obama grant a long overdue clemency to Leonard Peltier, thus allowing for a historical healing process to finally begin. Healing for Peltier himself, his family and the larger extended family of all the Indigenous Peoples living within the United States borders.

Only after this initial step of goodwill can the relationship between the United States Federal Government and the Indigenous Peoples living within its borders evolve past the painful standstill at which it’s stood. Native American youth suicide rates are the highest of any other cultural group in the United States.

Here are a few links of many:

Petition 2 Congress – Please Support Executive Clemency for federal prisoner Leonard Peltier!

Amnesty International – 40 Yeast Behind Bars: Free Leonard Peltier

Before Leonard joined the American Indian Movement, he applied twice to attend art school in Santa Fe, but got turned down. Even so, he has never stopped painting, despite all of the severe limitations he faces in prison.

Self-Portrait. Detail of Peltier's painting used as the blue print for the 9 foot tall sculpture.

Self-Portrait. Detail of Peltier’s painting used as the blue print for the 9 foot tall sculpture.

The goal of this project is to honor Leonard Peltier as both a symbol of Native struggle for self-determination in North America and as a persevering artist. Leonard has never stopped inspiring others to resist and to work towards the betterment of all relations inhabiting this shared Earth.

Using Leonard’s most recent self-portrait as the blue print, artist Rigo 23 has set out to build a 9 foot tall statue which – once finished – will tour the United States raising awareness for the Clemency Campaign and Mr. Peltier’s long-overdue release from prison.

The multimedia sculpture will be made so that it can be taken apart and reassembled for ease of travel and exhibition. The feet, arms and face will be carved out of redwood and the body will be covered in water resistant epoxy resin. All parts will be sustained by a steel structure running inside the hollow torso and legs.

Our ideal goal is to complete the sculpture by the end of July 2016 and to accomplish this we need to raise $40,000. It is a tight time frame, but given the vast number of people the world over that care for Leonard Peltier, we are confident to be able to accomplish this goal.

We ask that you share this page with your circle of acquaintances and consider contributing to this effort by:
  • using the PayPal button below (no PayPal account required)




  • or sending a check to the address below, made out to:
PDF/Leonard Peltier Statue Project
P.O. Box 40250
San Francisco, CA 94140-0250

Warmest Greetings,

Lenard Foster – Mr. Peltier Spiritual Advisor
Tony Gonzales – American Indian Movement – West, Director
Rigo 23 -Visual artist, creator of the Tommie Smith and John Carlos sculpture at San José State University

Delegates to the 15th Session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, gather around statue's model at Flying Eagle Woman Fund reception in New York City on May 13, 2016.

Delegates to the 15th Session of the United Nations 
Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, gather 
around statue’s model at Flying Eagle Woman Fund 
reception in New York City on May 13, 2016.

This project is endorsed by: American Indian Movement (AIM) ,ANIS – Associacion Nacional Indigenas Salvadoreños, Flying Eagle Woman Fund, Indigenous Women’s Life Net, and Seventh Generation Fund for Indigenous Peoples.

Click here to contact us.

10 comments:

  1. So guys hope you all prepared for Fathers Day festival because Dads Day is very close to us, Today we are happy to share with you Happy Fathers Day 2016 Stuffs which are going to be your favorite for ever.
    Father’s Day sayings For Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. My name is loveth anetor I live
      in California
      THE GREAT dr alexzanderhightemple BROUGHT
      MY HUSBAND BACK TO ME IN
      JUST A ONE DAY.
      i got married 4months ago. My
      husband and I have been
      living a very happy and lovely
      life. So as time went on, I
      began to notice this strange
      attitude that he was
      possessing. He was now going
      out with other girls, to the
      extent that he was no longer
      picking up my calls, and he
      was not even sleeping in my
      house anymore. I became
      confused and didn't know what
      to do anymore. So i
      became worried and stranded,
      that brought so many
      thoughts into my mind, because I
      have never experienced
      a thing like this before in my life.
      So I decided to visit a spell
      caster, to see if he can help
      me out. So immediately I went
      to the internet, where I
      saw an amazing testimony of a
      spell caster who brought
      someone's ex lover back,so I
      contacted him immediately
      and I explained to him all my
      problems and he told me
      that it will be very easy for him
      to solve, compare to the
      ones he has done before. And he
      also gave me some
      proof to be really sure of her
      work, and he assured me
      that my husband will come back
      to me immediately after
      he is through with the spell
      casting. And also he told me
      to put all my trust in him and I
      really obeyed him.
      So it was 8:00 am on the next
      morning, when I was about
      going to work, when i received
      my husband's call, and he
      told me that he was coming back
      home, and he apologized
      to me, and told me that he is
      very sorry for the pain that
      he has cost me. And after some
      hours later, he really came
      back home, and that was how we
      continued our marriage
      with lots of love and happiness,
      and our love was now
      stronger than how it were
      before.
      And these great man also told
      me that once my heart
      desire has been granted unto me
      that i should go and
      testify of his work right here on
      the internet. Right now I
      am the happiest woman on earth
      today as I am writing
      this testimony, and I want to
      really thank
      dr alexzander for
      bringing back my
      husband, and for bringing joy and
      love to my family.so you
      all there having dificulties or the
      other don,t worry every
      thing will be fine
      So my greatest advice for you
      out there who your husband
      or your wife is acting strange or
      behaving the same way
      like this, or you have any
      problem with your relationship or
      anything related to do with spell
      casting, is for you to go
      and visit this great man anytime,
      and i assure you that
      she will be of help to you, and I
      am 100% sure that he
      will solve it out.once again
      contact him on these email
      now..and your problem we be all over because I really trust him as the best spell caster in the world.alexzanderhightemple@gmail.com or http://alexzanderhightemple-com.webs.com

      Delete
  3. All are saying the same thing repeatedly, but in your blog I had a chance to get some useful and unique information, I love your writing style very much, I would like to suggest your blog in my dude circle, so keep on updates.

    SEO Company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great information I will tweet to my friends to get them to check it out. keep it up. Thanks for sharing!.If have a long time than visit to:

    super smash flash 2 - atari breakout

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s really amazing that we can record what our visitors do on our site. Thanks for sharing this awesome guide. I’m happy that I came across with your site this article is on point,thanks again and have a great day. Keep update more information..

    Digital marketing company in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Writing is learning,and every writer is expected to tune to all news for there lies quality content in essay writing service reviews which portrays the image of the writer in the public.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helpful updated news about technology in Techvicity

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am Shally Mills from FLORIDA, When I eventually found testimonies about this spell caster Dr. Anabi, how he helped many people to get their lovers and broken homes back, i contacted him through because I was absolutely desperate to get my husband back. Life without my husband was a real mess for me and my children. i wanted a dramatic change and I thought love spell could be the solution. After discussing the resolution with Dr Anabi, he gave me hope that he will restore my marriage. I felt confident that he will actually make my husband to return home and he did! It’s fantastic what this great spell caster have done for me, his help is priceless! I don't know what I would have done without Dr. Anabi, He does his job so well he is organized and highly functional, i believe he is the best spell caster i can count on when it comes to all kinds of spell, I was floored that his spells worked, if you need help, contact him on Ultimatehightemple@yahoo.com or Ultimatehightemple@gmail.com call +2348112180471

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have said tons of hurtful words to my husband, and each single time I never admit that I was in the wrong and he is always the one whom wants back the marriage. And when he struggles with his career instability, I wasn't there for him. And right now his heart is hardened for me, and he feels that he doesn't need me anymore in his life, and he says the damage is done beyond repair. It hit me so hard this time when I finally realize what I have done all these while, and I truly regretted my actions. I pray for God to restore my marriage, and bring my husband back to me. We will work things out and I promise I will fulfill my vow and duty as a wife but ever since i reach Dr. Temple on his email: templofemahama@gmail.com my husband changes his hard behavior to me and we are living happily together again also call his number +2349073244122

    ReplyDelete